Sunday 26 June 2005

A Bit Of A Do

No posts for a few days because The Other Half and I have been in Wales, getting hitched.

We drove up on Thursday afternoon - I'd hired a larger car (a Vauxhall Zafira) so we could cram in TOH, her sister and parents, plus luggage. Then we set off in convoy, with my parents and my grandmother in Dad's car, following on.

We took the 'scenic route'. And as the M25/M40 junction was closed, due to a major accident, that was even more scenic than previously anticipated. So we got to see the not so pretty environs of Maidenhead and High Wycombe, adding at least an hour to an already long drive.

We ate up the miles. The A5 is not so pretty in England; but when you pass into Wales, it's lovely - passing through Llangollen and up to Betws-y-Coed before turning up the A470 towards Conwy.

And there (or at least, in Sychnant) we spent a lovely 4 days, pampered and looked after by Bre and Graeme and their staff. It really was a great way to get married. All-in-all it's been remarkably stress-free. I'll make more observations later - right now I'm just knackered after the drive back.

No comments: