Tuesday 10 July 2007

I'm Not Bad - Just Misguided

Now look. I know that some of you (well, one of you!) thinks that my comments about Alzheimers collection people was a bit naughty. But, in fact, it makes perfect sense.

Do let me explain:

As a carefree and happy-go-lucky sort of chap I'm sure that if I was ever struck down with any sort of dementia I would face it with fortitude and good humour.

However, being demented I wouldn't know what was happening to me and I'd therefore be unable to apply my cutting-edge wit to my rapidly failing mental faculties.

So I'm getting all the jokes out of the way now - while I still can!

4 comments:

MaryB said...

Yah, me, too. Since both my grandmother and mother ended up with dementia, I figure I'm running head-long into it. Maybe I'll just have a t-shirt printed up that says, "I used to be smart and witty. www.shortypjs.com" ;-)

jomoore said...

So, we're free to mock you when you're infirm, right? That's good to know...

petercmoore said...

Hah! Like you even need to wait...

Anonymous said...

PT, you have been tagged.

(Not that I expect you to remember any of this for very long.)