Sunday 16 September 2007

Pant

This morning MLYW took part in the Cancer Research 10km run - that's about 6 miles for those of you working in old money. It was originally supposed to happen at Loseley Park, but due to the foot-and-mouth outbreak it was cancelled. Luckily, Dunsfold Park aerodrome heard about the problem and offered to host the event at the last minute. So well done and thanks to them.

Anyway, the weather wasn't bad, a bit cloudy with sunny intervals, perfect weather for a run, but not so good if you're a spectator who didn't bring a sweater or jacket!

MLYW finished in around 52:45 - a personal best - and finished as the 47th lady runner (I think!). Not bad in a field of nearly 700 runners in total!

It was a great effort and I'm very proud of her. It's not too late to sponsor her yourself if you haven't already. Just go to her page at http://www.10ksponsorme.org/kathleenmoore

Well, that's enough about her for now. Tomorrow it'll be me, me, me again!

1 comment:

D said...

Pete please pass on my heart felt congratulations to your beautiful wife What a star she is.