Tuesday 18 December 2007

Not Long Now

Only a week to go until Christmas Day. And the end of the week can't come quickly enough. Luckily I finish at about 3pm on Friday and then I've got a week off.

I finally sat down and wrote all my Christmas cards last night and got them into the pillar box this morning. With any luck they'll all be delivered before Christmas. Fingers crossed!

This year the whole palaver has bored me more than ever. I'm just not excited by Christmas like I used to be - not just as a kid, but even 4 or 5 years ago. Nowadays it seems to be just a reason to spend money we don't have - and I can't stand the crowds of people in the shops. I think I get more and more claustrophobic as I get older...

The best thing about Christmas is the fact that I don't have to go to work. I can get down to some planning for the play and spend some time relaxing and sleeping late (if my creaking body and the noisy kids next door allow me to).

This is all very miserable. Sorry. I promise to cheer up next week!

No comments: