Friday 23 May 2008

Media Whore

In the pursuit of big box office (i.e. trying to get more than 300 people to come and see our play), I've turned into a media whore.

Yesterday I went along to Brooklands FM, with Mark who plays Lord Arthur. The DJ, Graham Laycock, threw questions at us, between records, which we tried to bat back as intelligently and cogently as possible. Then we read a short extract from the play. Matthew was at work, so I read the part of Baines. I think I sounded too much like Parker from Thunderbirds. Mum & Dad were listening in at home. They said we did alright, though apparently I said "um" too much!

Today I'm doing another interview. This time at Radio Wey, a local hospital and community radio station. If you see this before 3pm, you can listen live - I should be on around 4pm. I'm appearing on Nicci Brighten's show. She's an erstwhile member of Ottershaw Players, so it will be good to see her again.

No comments: