Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line, or two, from the 1st 25 songs no matter how embarrassing/obscure. You can skip any instrumentals. If you see "____" below, then that bit is the title.
Step 3: Readers of the blog try and identify as many songs/artists as possible in the comments.
Step 4: Strike through once someone guesses both the artist and the track correctly.
Step 5: For those who are guessing, looking up the lyrics is CHEATING.
Step 6: If you like the game post your own.
Edit: OK - it's very tricky! So along with each lyric is a clue to the artist. I will allow people to use Google to cheat from Friday 6th March.
Here we go. Eyes down for a full house...
1. "I met this guy and he looked like he might have been a hat-check clerk at an ice rink. Which, in fact, he turned out to be." by Lou Reed's bird.
3. "I've been worried, man. Worried all day long." by a delta-blues 9-string guitarist.
6. "Didn't mean to leave you hanging on. I didn't mean to leave you all alone." by an alt-rock band from Mesa, Arizona.
7. "I say this was no game of chicken. You were aiming for your best friend." by Chuck E.'s lady friend.
8. "Give it time. It takes time. It'll all come together." by a Radiohead sibling.
9. "I wake up in the morning just to work all through the day. That sun gets so hot that you can sweat your strength away." by Les Freres de Plage.
10. "Why __ __ dry? Why the empty eye?" by a large building in Rome.
11. "__, __. Somewhere, Someone. It's 2 o'clock in the morning and I just can't sleep." by the artist formerly known as a squiggle.
12. "'Tain't no big thing to wait for the bell to ring. 'Tain't no big thing, the toll of the bell." by Eno's old chums.
13. "__ __ __ __ __. All the world loves people in love. Don't Forget it." by Mr McAloon's band.
16. "My heart was breaking 'til you started making me feel like a natural man." by the same band as number 9.
17. "You know I'm __ __ __ __ y'all, and that's a fact, y'all. And if you try to take what's mine I take it back y'all - it's like that." by Joseph Simmons, Daryl McDaniels and Jason Mizell.
18. "Well, early in the mornin' 'til late at night, I got a poison headache, but I feel all right." The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind.
19. "Wooaahhh. Baby, you can walk, you can talk, just like me." This one will stop making sense.
20. "Working from seven to eleven every night really makes life a drag. I don't think that's right." Not by an iron airship.
21. "First to fall over when the atmosphere is less than perfect, your sensibilities are shaken by the slightest defect." Recorded long after guitarist Henri Padovani had left the group.
22. "Hell above and heaven below. All the trees are gone." Oh, I thought you said 'time waits' for no man.
23. "I'll need tonight to sit and think about this. Think what to do. I'll take some strength to banish hollow sorrow." Kevin Rowland's mob.
Blimey. They're difficult! Some them I'd forgotten. Some belong to MLYW, so I'd never heard them before. I'll be amazed if people manage to get ten of these without the help of Google...