Sunday 2 January 2011

Gotta Dance!

So much for my "blogging every day of 2011" resolution.  Broken on day One.

Yesterday was spent moving a bookshelf into our dining room and filling it with three boxes of plays and theatre-related books.  I find it amazing that boxed things take up much more room than the same items on a shelf.  I have a very loose grasp of spatial dynamics!


Last night we drove up to Surrey to have dinner with my family in honour of Mum's birthday.  It's a birthday with a big, round number in it, but I'm not allowed to reveal the number.  We're not yet up to the number of trombones in the big parade though.


A huge curry was consumed, presents were opened (birthday and Christmas) and a good time was had by all.  Then we drove back, even though I was, by then, too fat to reach the gear stick.


Today, after some minor domestic chores, I had a rehearsal for
Cinderella.  I'm getting there with my lines (just about) but I find that I can't remember lyrics and dance steps simultaneously.  I can do one or the other, but when I try both, I forget both.  Which isn't very helpful for anyone.  Extra rehearsals this Friday - I know that I need it!

I want to dig out my script for
Outside Edge.  I think that was the last time I had to learn as many lines as I have in this show, and that was 7 years ago.  Small parts only for me from now on!

Cinderella
, produced by Colbury and Ashurst Theatrical Society, on at Hanger Farm Arts Centre (West Totton, near Southampton) 21st to 29th January, 2011.  For times, ticket prices and booking information follow this link.

No comments: