Saturday 24 September 2005

Welcome to the Lazydrome

I've not been blogging for long, and I know I don't have many readers. And I don't think I've yet written anything particularly entertaining.

So, it's astounding to me to think that there are now TWO other blogs out there which were inspired by my own feeble efforts.

Some weeks ago, the dry-as-toast wit of Delmonti appeared in Blogland at this murky address.

And, as of today, my youngest sister has started her own online blog-type-thing with a very appropriate list of 'firsts'. Hoorah!

I can only think that people look at this blog and think, "that's crap. I could do much better". And they're right!

But I can't let this momentous event pass without mentioning some firsts of my own:
  • My first time drunk was on whiskey. Lots of it. In a night-club in Egham. I was sick out of the car window on the way home.
  • The first film I ever saw at the cinema was Bedknobs and Broomsticks. I was five years old. It was at the old Odeon cinema in Esher, I seem to remember.
  • The first time I ate in a Nepalese restaurant will be in about 55 minutes from now. If you ask nicely, I'll tell you what it was like.

3 comments:

jomoore said...

And this is the first time I've heard myself described as your youngest sister.

petercmoore said...

But you ARE my youngest sister!

petercmoore said...

Hello Barnze!

The food was great thanks. Like Indian, but different. The flavours were more subtle really.

But you still get poppadums and naan breads!