Friday 23 September 2005

A Little Light Music

Once more Delmonti has posed the question that needs answering:

What music will you have at your funeral?


It's a tricky choice. For comedy value, I'd love to have Napoleon XIV's They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-haaa. You get the picture: Just as the coffin's rolling down the ramp into the burny flames...

But, for real, I think I'd like the congregation (if there is one) to hear:
  • No Surprises by Radiohead: A sad, angry, yet still uplifiting record. Marvellous and so simple. And Paranoid Android can be played at the wake.
  • The Bugle Sounds Again by Aztec Camera. I've loved this song since High Land, Hard Rain came out in about 1983. Fabulous lyrics, considering Roddy Frame was about 16 or 17 at the time.
  • Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys. The best single ever recorded. No argument.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Long time reader, first time commenter. Love the, er, show...?
Anyhoo, I would have to say 'Everybody Hurts' by REM, because it is so very miserable and I love it. I'd hope for much wailing and rending of garments. Then, after all the funereal business is taken care of, 'Alright' by Supergrass, because it is so very happy and I love it. And I thought it mentioned tea, but I've just found the lyrics and it doesn't. Which is disappointing. So I'll have to re-think.
Oh, and hello to anyone that knows me.