Tuesday 6 November 2007

Treasure Island

Treasure Island_0428
"Pieces of Eight"

A bit of a plug for the Ottershaw Players' forthcoming show, Treasure Island, which will be on at the Rhoda McGaw Theatre, Woking, from 28th November to 1st December, 2007, at 7.45pm.

There's a matinee on Saturday 1st December at 2.30pm, but tickets are getting scarce for that show already.

This is the first show in about 5 years that I've not performed in or taken a role backstage - though I've still designed the publicity materials and I'm taking the production photos - but I popped into rehearsals on Sunday night (where I took a bunch of photos) and it looks like it's going to be a rollicking good show.

I also spent a short time helping with scene painting and admiring the wonderful set model. We always do good sets (thanks to the superb designs and tireless effort of Alan Wakefield), but this one is something special - I really can't wait to see it finished. Personally, I'd buy a ticket just to see the set on its own.

Ottershaw Players have won two major NODA awards for their winter shows in recent years (A Christmas Carol in 2004 and The Wind In The Willows in 2006) and it looks like this year's presentation will continue that quality.

I'll see you at the theatre on the last night!

No comments: