Friday, 1 February 2008

Surprise!

My last day in the job today and I was pretty gloomy as I finished off the last few tasks that needed doing. Then, minutes before going down the pub at lunchtime, I got a phone-call from an old colleague, out of the blue, offering me a 4-month contract to do some work with him.

Fantastic! My mood swung 180 degrees.

It's obviously not a permanent solution, but it gives me time to look for something long-term. Excellent! And it's work with someone I am already friends with. What could be better?

So - I was going to say this today anyway - thanks to everyone who has been in touch with messages of support and encouragement. I really do appreciate them all. I've been too wrapped-up in it to reply to you individually, or in comments, but it really does mean a hell of a lot. Thank you all very much.

And finally... Wahey!

6 comments:

Chris said...

Fantabuloso!!! You just never know what's round the corner.

jomoore said...

HOORAY!!!

So, does that mean you're not in on the wool shop??

v said...

Now you know my secret, I don't need to be completely unreconisable when posting on your blog! I enjoyed working with you a lot Pete and I really hope things work out for you. Take Care

Mima said...

Great news, what a relief, look forward to hearing about the much more relaxed search as you head for the job of your dreams.

D said...

Great news Pete and I'm sure you'll get something more permanent in the next 4 months.

MaryB said...

Wha'd I tell ya'? That's great - a little breathing space of 4 months. The thought of you begging on street corners had me a little sad. ;-O