Friday 2 January 2015

Dad

356 days ago, my Dad had a catastrophic stroke. We didn't think he would make it past the first week, but somehow he did. However, the incident left him severely mentally and physically disabled. He spent the rest of 2014 in a nursing home, where he was well looked after.

Two days ago, on New Year's Day, after a short illness, Dad finally passed away.

We knew that when the end came it would be a shock, and we would be terribly sad. And so it proved.

But it is also a great relief that he has now been released from the awful ordeal that he has been suffering for many months.

I'm not sure I can adequately write down how I feel about my Dad. Maybe I will try in to put it in words one day soon. He was strong, kind, generous, quick to laugh and very funny, and I am going to miss him for the rest of my life.

I love you, Dad.

No comments: